Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Dry Rose from Stone Hill

A winery rich in history, Stone Hill sits majestically on a hilltop overlooking the town of Hermann, Missouri.  If you enjoy learning about the development and re-emergence of the wine industry in the Midwest like I do, make sure to check out their website -- www.stonehillwinery.com.

In its tasting room, Stone Hill staff lead guests through their sampling of an array of wines. On a recent visit, we experienced a new wine, a dry rose. Made with a combination of St. Vincent and Chambourcin grapes, the dryness of this rose was pleasing to my palate.  I purchased a bottle before I left.  A week later I served it chilled to our group of wine enthusiasts. We found it nice for sipping and great with Baklava. This will be a great summer wine for those who enjoy dry reds but need something a little lighter to get them those hot summer evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment