Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fahrmeier Winery - Wellington, MO


Another 10 minutes down the gravel lane from LaBella Winery [see previous entry] through some beautiful countryside is the family owned and operated Fahrmeier Winery.  Brandon Fahrmeier tells me the winery has been open for 4 years, but he has been making wine for 15 years.  His experience is evident particularly in two of his white wines : an impressive dry Moscato and a locally popular Vidal Blanc. I know the Wine Girls will enjoy this one!

The tasting room was fashioned with a nice tasting bar, included table seating, and sported an impressive picture window that showcased their vineyard outside.There was a little shop area as well.  Brandon enjoys telling about his wines as he pours his latest vintages.  It was a worthwhile stop on my way to KC.  I wish I had had more time to stay and enjoy the winery. It took no more than 15 minutes to get back to the Interstate [and I didn't have to return via the gravel road!].

No comments:

Post a Comment